Have you dream of being a ballet dancer when you were a kid and when you became a parent you wanted to pass that dream to your kids? Well, I dreamed of it when I was a child. I had ballet lessons back then even if I have asthma and suffer asthma attacks during the night right after the dance lessons. I was so willing to practice and tip toe. I imagined how girly it was to dance so gracefully and so magical when lights struck your glittering tutu.
Ballet is actually a concert or performance dance which originated in the 15th Century Italian Renaissance Courts. It has been globally influential and has been the foundation of other dance genres.
In learning ballet, it is a must that you are learning from the EXPERTS.
The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet (HCSB) has been considered as one of the best ballet schools in the Philippines. It has been awarded as the “Most Outstanding Ballet School in Asia” from 2000 to the present.
The school has successfully represented the Philippines in different international festivals and competitions in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Brunei, South Korea, Russia, England and the USA.
The main studio is located at 1227 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines that houses 5 studios with a total dance floor of 550 square meters and a vast quadrangle where kids and parents can hang out. HCSB has branches at Saint Pedro Poveda College, Miriam College, Saint Mary’s College and Alabang Country Club.
The achievements of the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet is under the leadership of its founder, multi-awarded Artistic Director, Shirley Halili-Cruz, together with the strong support of its equally outstanding Associate Artistic Directors, Grace Garalde-Perez, Anna Kathrina Halili Cruz-Bueno.
To date the Halili-Cruz School of Ballet has garnered more than 300 national and international awards and prizes, among them are:
- 8- time Ani ng Dangal Awardee for its international achievements
- Hall of Fame, Aliw Award as Best Classical Dance Company in the Philippines
- People’s Choice as the Most Outstanding Performing Group
- Grand Prize Winner in the Asia-Pacific Dance Competition in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines
- Grand Prize Winner in the 21st Century International Dance and Arts Festival and Competition in Genting Highlands, Malaysia
- First Prize in the Dance Excellence in Los Angeles, California, USA
- Global Excellence Award in Bangkok, Thailand
- Best Performance in classical and contemporary dance in the Bauhinia Cup International Dance Competition in Hongkong
- Global Pinoy Award
Becoming a ballet dancer requires years of proper training. What better way to have this education but through Halili-Cruz School of Ballet.
For more information, you may contact; 09178880102, 3724607, 4130804.