The kitchen used to be a scary place for young people and cooking was a daunting task reserved for mothers and household helps. But, technology played a role in guiding people around the kitchen. Nowadays, new cooks search online for cooking videos or check out “food hacks” to be able to produce any dish they want that they can, in turn, show off on social media.
Young celebrities Kathryn Bernardo and Liza Soberano also enjoy cooking for their loved ones. They are the newest tandem to endorse AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Apart from what can be found in the Internet, Kathryn and Liza became more confident cooks because they can rely on a brand of seasoning to make delicious home-cooked dishes by bringing out the natural goodness of food.
Experienced cooks or kitchen newbies can make AJI-NO-MOTO® their best friend in the kitchen – an ally in serving nourishing and enjoyable dishes for the whole family. The new AJI-NO-MOTO® TV Commercial features three (3) dishes to show the versatility of the product in making all kinds of dishes delicious. Among the dishes are the Omurice, a Japanese-inspired meal composed of rice and omelet, Kathryn’s Adobong Puti recipe, a different take on the classic adobo without soy sauce and the all-time favorite comfort food Beef Nilaga.
AJI-NO-MOTO® can be widely used in a variety of dishes because it has no smell or specific flavor of its own and can therefore be used to enhance the original flavor of food. This is a safe and quality product that is made from natural crops like sugar cane, corn or cassava and manufactured through the natural process of fermentation. AJI-NO-MOTO® enhances taste of food by providing umami taste. Umami is the fifth basic taste also described as rich, savory and ‘malinamnam’ derived from food rich in glutamate like tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms, ham and seafood.
Makes 2-4 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 457 Carbohydrates 44g Protein 14g Fats 25g
1½ tbsps vegetable oil
¼ cup garlic, peeled, minced
¼ cup onions, peeled, minced
½ cup ground pork
½ cup frozen carrots
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 cups cooked rice, short grain
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 pieces eggs, small, beaten
1/8 teaspoon pulverized black pepper
1/2 teaspoon AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon iodized salt
1. Heat oil in a pan, sauté garlic and onions for one (1) minute over low heat.
2. Add ground pork and cook until brown.
3. Add carrots and black pepper.
4. Add rice and stir-fry for another minute over medium heat.
5. Add soy sauce, mix well.
6. Sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning and mix well.
7. Remove from fire, mound the rice on plate then set aside.
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs until the whites and yolks are well combined.
2. Add pulverized black pepper.
3. Sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the egg mixture.
5. Remove fried eggs out of the pan and mold it well on top of the rice.
6. Serve with catsup.
Makes 4-5 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 461 Carbohydrates 5g Protein 18g Fats 41g
½ kilo chicken, adobo cut
½ cup vinegar
1/3 cup garlic, peeled, crushed
1 piece bayleaf, crushed
¼ teaspoon peppercorn, cracked
½ cup water
½ cup cooking oil for deep frying
1 teaspoon AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami
1 tablespoon refined sugar
1 teaspoon iodized salt
1. Combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, bayleaf, peppercorn and water in a pot.
2. Let boil and lower heat. Simmer until tender.
3. Drain the chicken pieces from the broth.
4. Heat oil in another pan and deep fry chicken pieces. Return to the broth.
5 .Simmer until liquid has been reduced to half.
6. Sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami seasoning and sugar. Simmer for one (1) minute.
7. Add salt and mix well.
8. Serve hot.
Makes 4-5 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories 195 Carbohydrates 21g Protein 21g Fats 3g
2 ½ liters water
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 pieces onion, medium-size, chopped
½ kilo beef shank, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces corn, cut into five per piece of corn
2 pieces potatoes, medium-sized, peeled, quartered
½ piece small cabbage, quartered
½ teaspoons AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 tablespoon iodized salt
1. In a casserole, put 2½ liters of water; add peppercorns, onions and beef.
2. Boil beef until tender.
3. Add corn and potatoes; boil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, mix well.
5. Sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add salt and mix well.
7. Serve hot.
Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation (APC) is an affiliate of Tokyo-based Ajinomoto Co., Inc. Established in 1958, APC lives by its promise to provide consumers products that will always give the delicious taste to healthy and nutritious meals as embodied in APC’s slogan Ajinomoto® “Eat Well, Live Well.®” APC’s complete line of quality food and seasoning products are produced by international affiliates and local toll manufacturers using Ajinomoto’s license, quality standards and technological expertise.
•AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
•Ajinomoto® Brand Ginisa Flavor
•Ajinomoto® Brand Chicken Powder
• PORKSAVOR® All-in-One Seasoning Mix
•CRISPY FRY® Breading Mix
•CRISPY FRY® SEASONED
•CRUMBS®TASTY BOY® All Purpose Breading Mix
•AJI-SHIO® Seasoning Mix
•“amino Fres-C” Instant Drink Mix